MENU

Slide

Sydney, Australia Spring 2011: Day 11 Back to Sydney!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Used my longchamp bag as my overnight bag today and pulled out a map -my city tour map when i was in Sydney...



Hahahaha omg that means I haven't use this bag since my aussie trip last September! But now I'm just staring at the map thinking of the place i visited during the city tour. I miss Aussie. ):


But anw! If you're in Sydney i do recommend you to check out this free sydney tour: www.imfree.com.au
It's freaking awesome and mad interesting, totally unexpected.
I blogged about the places we covered in the city tour in my aussie travelogue, you can find them on the top navigation bar.


So as i just mentioned i was missing Aussie so much right, so i went to check how much are the flights to sydney these days and got a shock of my life!!!


$222 including taxes to fly to Sydney ON MY BIRTHDAY! OMG IS THIS FATED AND MEANT TO BE?! But after two seconds, back to being depressed, cos I wanted my next trip to aussie to be with leon but he will be overseas for work on my birthday. Boo boo.


So anyway, my last Aussie travelogue was about my last day in Gold Coast, where Jess, Sam & I visited MovieWorld. My flight from Gold Coast back to Sydney was like 7am, so I'm super touched that Jess & Sam practically craaaaaawled out of bed with me at 4.30am, just to drive me to the airport and send me off!
Sooooo nice of them!


So, honestly I can't really remember how my flight back to Sydney was, but i took a bus from the airport to my accomodation at Bondi Beach (Yes, again!) where i will be spending the next 3 days on my own! :D

15

Hahahah i know it's kinda weird cos most people would opt to stay right in Sydney CBD when they are in Sydney, but honestly I'm just kinda bored of the SG city lifestyle, so i wanted to stay at Bondi Beach where it's more laid back, filled with gorgeous beachside cafes/bars etc. Afterall Bondi Beach one of the World's famous beaches, so it was a really awesome experience.


So the first 5 days in Sydney with Jessica we were staying at a rented apartment we found on www.stayz.au about 10-15 minutes stroll from Bondi beach, my last 3 days I stayed at the Bondi Beach House
http://www.bondibeachhouse.com.au/




9


From their site:


Set among the frangipani trees, just 2 minutes walk from Australia's most famous beach this guest house offers a choice of 3 suites, 4 double and 2 single rooms.
Genuine comfort with thoughtful clean design including quirky pieces by Australian artists makes this guest house unique.


The antique pine table in the communal kitchen is a congenial meeting place and a perfect spot to relax with breakfast and the papers. Alternatively you can choose a table on the terrace surrounded by exotic plants.
The Bondi Beach House has nine rooms and can sleep up to 21 guests. Within easy walking distance you will find beach front cafes and restaurants, health food shops, art galleries, yoga studios, a surf school and much more. The iconic Icebergs Pool and Restaurant is a stone's throw away.
Take the famous coastal walk to Bronte for breakfast or catch the bus which takes you to Circular Quay and the Opera House in 35 minutes.


Snapshots of Bondi Beach House:


11


10


12


13


I stayed at the Outback Room which is an ensuite room away from the main house, the rate was AUD90 per night!


After i settled down in my new place, gathered my beach tote and headed to Bondi Beach for some sun! The weather was really awesome that day, finally some sun and warmth in Sydney after spending the last 10 days bundling up in 4-6 layers of clothing, Spring has finally hit Sydney!!!








3


Always remember your SPF when in aussie!


1


Tan tan tan! Again i can't emphasize how much i love my Kindle, I bought about 7-8 or so kindle books on amazon.com before i left for this trip and i completed almost 5 of them in the two weeks. Imagine if i had to pack 5 novels in my luggage how much extra space/weight would it take?  


♡ you Kindle. Best piece of tech i've ever own, all thanks to leon who got it for me a couple of birthday or anniversaries ago!






4


Was just chilling and reading my kindle and suddenly this huge gust of wind started blowing from the sea to the sandy beach and got sandy blown all over me. Wind refuses to die down after 5 minutes and i got annoyed from sweeping of sand all over my face so i "relocated" to a grassy patch just beside the beach hahaha so comfy i almost fell asleep while reading.






5


Didn't want to tan for too long so i got up and decided to check out the Bondi to Bronte Coastal walk that everyone was raving about being a must-go and all. Forgotten to bring out my GF2 but i was lazy to walk back to the house to get it so all photos taken with my iphone 4! Pretty decent quality I'd say.


Heh, thank god i wasn't using some phone with a crappy phone cam. Because if i didn't take photos of this place i think i'd regret for life! hahahaha like very kua zhang but the coastal walk was SO beautiful!
Perfect weather and spring was setting in so all the cheery spring flowers were just exploding out of nowhere, took the coastal walk on my last day and the flowers were like popping out like nobody's business, couldn't believe that so much flower could grow within 3 days!


6


Icebergs pool, you could go for a swim in the pool you know, it's just so calming to see the waves crashing by the pool. I think it's freaking awesome. It's a saltwater filled pool btw, so clever and environment friendly! Plus super save if you're damn scared that you'll drown to death / kena stung by jellyfish / eaten by a shark while swimming in the sea.


http://icebergs.com.au/


7
Coastal walk towards Bronte Beach.








8


By the time i walk back to bondi beach it was almost sunset, 4-5pm ish?
Settled down in some cafe, had dinner and had an early night at the super homely Bondi Beach House since i woke up really early that day to fly over to Sydney..


End of my last 3 days in Aussie!






Loves, TheLuckiestChick.

No comments: